E was a baller stay-at-home foster mama today. She was everywhere – kickin’ ass and takin’ names. Seriously. On my first day solo-parenting (I just tried to link to a post from that day and there isn’t one … which perfectly illustrates my point) I was just surviving – I spent all of my energy making sure Monica ate and slept and didn’t get hurt. Well E struggled through that for a couple of hours (taking a short break to call me and inform me that she does not want to be a stay-at-home mom), and then she decided to get shit done.
Things E did today:
- Woke up and walked Sheba with Monica in tow
- Kept Monica alive and nourished all day long
- Grocery shopped
- Went down to the organization that coordinates day care to fill out a mountain of paperwork and get it sorted out so that she can go to a new day care tomorrow (yes!)
- Went to the WIC office to apply, which apparently took 2 hours (but worked out – we’re set for 3 months to get formula/milk, fruits and veggies, and cereal for Monica, and the grocery store on the corner accepts WIC)
- Came home and prepared food to host our awesome friends M and M for the home run derby.
Kickin’ ass and takin’ names right?! She is fabulous. What a gal.